ABOUT Palmerston CRC
To be a church community
that nurtures disciples for Christ,
through the working of the Holy Spirit,
for the glory of God.
“For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of the light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness, and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord. Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. For it is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said: ‘Wake up O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.’” (Ephesians 5:8-14)
The metaphor of light is a clear biblical reference to Jesus as the Light of the world and our responsibility to reflect the Light in our daily walk with Him.
Awe of the light
We recognize God in his graciousness as the Creator and sustainer of the world. He is the Alpha and the Omega. We praise him with our worship which includes Sunday worship services, our work, our recreation, our family life – we dedicate it all to him. Worship is a matter of the heart and spirit from which comes worshipful action.
Understand the light
We are a community growing in heart, mind, and spirit. Through our programs at church, our primary goal is to grow from what we are to what God would have us become. We humbly come before Him with thirsty hearts, minds and souls to be filled with what only God can offer.
Share the light
We are a community which actively seeks opportunities to serve in word and deed. Ephesians 5:8 says, “Live as children of the Light,” so we seek to share the rich tradition we have in understanding and living out the Word of God. Each member has a gift from the Holy Spirit to be discovered and used to let our light shine.
Warmth of the light
We are an enfolding community which embraces those currently within our fellowship as well as extending our borders and risking our comfort zones to include those who do not currently know Him. Having been freed of the burden of sin, we become a forgiven and forgiving community.
The Christian reformed Denomination
- The Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA) comprises about 275,000 members in more than 1,000 congregations across the United States and Canada.
- We confess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- We’re part of a family that includes Orthodox, Roman Catholic, Anglican, Evangelical, and a host of other churches that confess and practice the Christian faith.
- The beliefs and doctrine of the Christian Reformed Church are based on the Holy Bible, God’s infallible written Word contained in the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments.
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God and that it is the supreme and final authority in all matters on which it speaks.